Monday, July 21, 2008

Less Than Four Months,And Counting

Let's see. Today, Condi Rice, and Colin Powell seem to have found so many favorable qualities in the "Messiah". Personally, I could care less. I am counting on the infinite wisdom of my fellow Americans to lead us out of the looming mess awaiting us with an Obama presidency. Meanwhile, poor President Bush just can't catch a break. Why? Well, the presumptive president Obama having been quoted today as telling a reporter that, "I will have to deal with these people for the next 8-10 years!". Does that mean 8 as president, and the next two as some other president's Secretary of State? The arrogance express rolls on. Has anyone noticed that Obama's plane does not have an American flag painted on it? From what I can gather, only a big "O" on the tail. Wow! His own Presidential Seal, Air Force One awaiting a big new paint job, and God knows what's in store for the White House itself.

The real prewsident, meanwhile, can not bring himself to caution Mister Obama about his acting like the de facto sitting president when in discussion with Middle Eastern leaders. I guess this is President Bush's war to lose, and Obama's to win. Timidity begets yet more of the same. As good as the President has been in the war on terror, as commited as he has been in the face of Congressional opposition, he apparently does not have the stomach for this latest assault on his plans, and his stewardship of this war. It shows, glaringly so, and he has only himself to blame.

Hopefully, Mister Obama will come up with a gaffe or two, or three, when he arrives in Germany to speak at an alternate venue, not the Brandenburg Gate as he had hoped. Even the Germans couldn't agree with the first choice. More on the alternate venue tomorrow, you'll be surprised.

Ever notice that Chris Matthew's show, Hardball does not necessarily mean he is throwing "hard ball questions" at people he interviews? Tom Brokaw's new show should be called "softball", in honor of his questioning of Al(the sky is falling) Gore this week. The best Tom could do in questioning Gore, was ask him if it was necessary for him to have purchased a 10,000 square foot home. Gore's response was predictable, "I'm not perfect, I have my weaknesses". But, "I have solar panels on the roof, and all my electricity is "green derived". Yeah, and I am still watering my lawn during this rainless period of time. Looks good, too.

The "Exceptional America, and Exceptional American" watch is in it's second day, and counting. Now, if I could jusst figure some way to pull grandson number two away from his map of America...poor kid. Who knows, he may still find those seven mystery states. Tjis time, I'll allow him to figure it out on his own.

No comments: