Thursday, February 28, 2008

Let the research begin

Senator McCain today chastised The Swiftboat Vets, thereby defaming them. He also made reference to certain "Conservative" groups he believed would be difficult to control in the coming election run-up. This comes after the fallout over Bill Cunningham's opening remarks at an Ohio election stop yesterday.

I don't know about you, but I believe it is the Senator who is on the outside looking in, and not I. I chafe under his pointed reference to Conservative "extremists" as being little more than a typical elitist view of those of us so guarded in their reaction to an invitation to join him in his quest for the presidency.

You can't have it both ways Mr. McCain. You can not ingratiate, and excoriate in the same breath. It is shallow, and transparent. Consequently, I have been doing more than a little research into your background. Thus far, it is not very flattering, although I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you so adroitly withhold from the likes of me.

As a courtesy, I'll not discuss my findings publicly. At least not until I find some reason to dismiss the findings as devoid of factual basis. More, and more, Hillary is beginning to look like the least objectionable pick in November. It is so much better to engage someone without any pretense. My emerging feeling is that if you, Senator McCain are elected, then the Republican Party will only beget more like you in the future. You, at present, are not my future, nor that of those whom I love.

So, with rededication, back to the education of the grand children...

No comments: