Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sundays are busy

I had an opportunity to watch grandson number one in action today with his hockey team. They won their championship in exciting fashion, and thus the stage was set for some excitement of my own. After dinner, it being a slow news day, I began the process of dressing up my blog. There is a bit to learn, so I started in not knowing what to expect. However, as such things go, I learned, and am well on the way to meeting my goal.

Tendencies, human tendencies, tend to be constricting. For real progress to occur, these tendencies must be overcome. It can be difficult to override habit that impedes progress, but we can accomplish this by clearing our minds, and allowing logic to dictate the subsequent moves we must make. Sounds corny, I know, but it works every time it is tried. Residing in every individual is the ability to change things for the better. This is one of those nasty principles of Conservatism that also happens to be true. There are moments when the teacher is the pupil. and vice versa. It is a collective effort without the restrictions of collectivism. It is cultivating of a flagging, seemingly non-existent morale. The eyes are perceptive of beauty in the outcome of honest, deliberate exercise of one's own talents. In other words, you feel pretty darned good about yourself!

And why shouldn't each of us desire to seek a personal level of satisfaction consistent with all the above? When such an epiphany occurs, a man or woman experiences a spiritual uplifting. In many instances, this leads to a change, however dramatic, in the individual's opinion of him or her self. This ought not be momentary, and I do not believe it is. It is life changing.

What does all this have to do with a young man's hockey game? Nothing really, but inspiration evolves from many situations in life. This day was full of inspiration for me, and I thank my grandson for having given his very best.

And now, back to the education of them all...

No comments: