Monday, February 25, 2008

A long day, a longer night

Like two alley cats they were. Clinton and Obama at their best, delivering scathing attacks on one another over the weekend. The longer this goes on, the better, for one or both will reveal their true character in the young months leading up to the convention. What is increasingly becoming more apparent, is the halo slowly falling from atop the head of Obama. An intriguing question gnaws at me. Why are all those people who swoon and then faint at these Obama rallys doing so in the front rows of these events? Couldn't be staged fainting could it? Why, there was even an instance of someone fainting at a Clinton rally as well. Hmmmm!

All this is so much theatre I believe, and I do not have time for that. Consequently, the work on the blog continues. I'm learning much more than necessary, but I am sure I'll be able to put it to good use these next several days. Who knows? Maybe Hillary will be able to squeeze some substantive thoughts out of Obama. If, and when that occurs, possibly there will be something to really chew on. Can't wait for that.

By the way, I took my car through the car wash from hell today. As you drive into the swirling pads and soapy water, you swear you are moving forward. I jumped on the brakes and held on for dear life. Came to find out it was the entire framed assembly that was moving backward and then forward. What an illusion! Now I know how those Obama swooners must have felt shortly before fainting. What a trip!

And now, back to the really important business at hand---the grand children...

No comments: