Monday, March 24, 2008

Furious finish to a slow day.

Easter Monday it is. The news is left to those best suited to report upon it, I am a bit weary. If ever in the hearts of men, there came a true awakening, then today would be that day. The warm residue of thoughts, remaining in the consciousness following Easter Sunday, ought to be inspirational, and of long term significance to us all. My belief is that is exactly what is on many minds. Just simply not enough of those minds, unfortunately. While in the early stages of this years election campaign, it is time to relax, and to reflect. Tomorrow will bring the sudden need to grapple with issues, and problems also. Tonight, I reflect on the meaning , the divine purpose that preceeded my awareness.

Slowly, the day began. There was little work to perform, however, chores await the morning to come. Everyone seemed of good mind and spirit wherever my travels took me this day. In it's final stage, there was a trip to the pediatrician for youngest grandson's "pink eye". No more does one hear conjunctivitis, too long I suppose. All went well, and the day continued on to it's end. By night, there was the friendly convenience store clerk offering me the last two bagels. I took them, and delivered them to my daughter who loves them. A loving gift from her Dad, and the friendly people at the store.

It is now midnight, and sleep awaits, but first a prayer for all in need the world over.
Tomorrow, it will be back to those who are going to rescue us from ourselves...

No comments: